Image 1 of 1

459196.jpg

The old village cross in Valldemossa which was constructed in the 18th century to mark the boundaries of the village, In the house with the green shutters lived Catalina Homar, after whom the street is named. She was the lover of Archduke Louis Salvador of Austriawho also has a street named for him in the town. Behind these houses can be seen the tower of the Carthusian monastery where Chopin and his lover George Sand (Amantine Dupin) stayed for several months in 1838-39.