Image 1 of 1

3871004.jpg

The distinctive chimney stacks of the Brick Alley almshouses in Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, UK. The almshouses were built in 1718, replacing an earlier almshouse with the work costing a total of £632. The almshouses are administered  by the Christ's Hospital charity, founded in 1553 and continue to be occupied by elderly residents of the local area. Abingdon was situated in the county of Berkshire, but under local government re-organisation in 1974 it was transferred to Oxfordshire.